This policy was last updated 02/05/2018
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will keep the personal information you entrust to us safe and secure. We will not share your personal information with other people or businesses without your prior consent.
We are registered on the Data Protection Register of the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related legislation.
We will collect and process personal information you give us by filling in forms on the website, or by corresponding with us via email or post. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our services, enter a competition or respond to a promotion or survey. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us and our service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information we will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
How we collect and use information
We collect personal information on our website visitors and clients in various ways, including: newsletter subscriptions; orders for products and/or services by telephone, post, the Internet or email; offers; competition entry forms; or feedback, research or request forms.
From time to time, we may use your personal details:
- to verify your identity to confirm your eligibility to use our products and services, to protect against fraud and to comply with financial crime laws;
- to meet orders or requests for services or information; to process payments; and to keep our records up-to-date;
- to tell you by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products and/or services that you may be interested in;
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out our work on our behalf;
- where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners.
What information we collect
As defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are data controllers and have a lawful basis for collecting your personal information if you have given us clear consent to do so.
Specifically, we will collect, process and store:
- Your title
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your nationality
- Your address (and delivery address, if different)
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your username, password and other registration information
- Copies of identification documents (e.g. passport, driving licence or utility bill)
- Your IP address
In addition to the above, we may also collect (but without viewing, storing or processing the information) credit and debit card details, including the long number, relevant expiry dates and CVC, in order to transfer it to trusted external partners.
We collect and process only the personal information required to allow us to effectively provide our products and services to you, and inform you of offers and promotions that may be of value to you.
Who we share information with
To provide you with our service, we share your data with a small number of trusted external partners, including:
- Mastercard International Incorporated, which receives cardholder information in relation to disputes/chargebacks, audits and other exceptional cases
- Global Processing Services Ltd, for account opening and transactional storing and monitoring (including for fraud purposes)
- Fifth Dimension Digital Ltd, for the purposes of account holder data management
- Card acquirer service providers
- Identity checking and "Know Your Customer" service providers, for the purpose of verifying customer identity and address
- Auditors, for the purpose of reviewing our regulatory compliance
- Law enforcement agencies
A full list of our external partners is available on request from Customer Services.
How we apply our policy
In order to put our policy into practice, we use our best endeavours to follow seven guidelines:
- We will ensure our systems are secure to protect your personal information from misuse and follow appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard your data;
- We will respect your privacy in the way that we contact you, whether by post, telephone, email or text message;
- We will not hold your personal information for longer than is necessary to effectively provide you with our services and comply with legislation;
- We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other people or businesses unless we have your consent. With your consent, we will only share your information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties.
- We will comply promptly with any instructions from you to update your information or requests from you to see the information that we hold on you;
- We will comply with lawful requests to disclose personal information to certain authorities (e.g. the police);
- We may monitor and record any telephone calls to ensure we follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service.
If you are aged 18 and under, you must have your parent's or guardian's permission before you provide personal information to us. We do not wish to collect any personal information without this permission.
During the course of your visit to our website, your computer may be issued with cookies. Cookies are text files which identify your computer to a server. Cookies do not in themselves identify you as an individual, just the computer you are using. We do not collect or store any personally identifiable information using the cookie.
Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your system.
Cookies have a number of uses. For example, cookies are part of the mechanism that allows you to log in and out of our website rather than having to enter your password repeatedly during a session. They can also be used to estimate the number of users to our website. Cookies may also be used for other purposes, such as to maintain the security of the website and provide information on what administrative support the website may require.
The cookies used on https://mykring.com fall into two categories which are detailed below:
Functional: These cookies are used to enable core website functionality and do not contain any personal information.
- cnotice - stores your cookie preference
Analytics: These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can monitor and improve the performance of our website.
- __utma - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
- __utmb - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
- __utmc - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
- __utmz - part of Google Analytics package monitoring website usage
If you wish, you can prevent acceptance of cookies by your Internet browser, although this will impair your use of our website. You can change the preferences or settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from the primary website, but block them from third parties. In others, you can block cookies from specific advertisers, or clear out all cookies.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Help: http://support.microsoft.com/?ln=en-gb
- Delete and manage cookies: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Help: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/home?as=u
- Cookies: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies?s=manage+cookies&r=0&e=es&as=s
Our analytics partner also provides the ability for users to opt-out using the following links:
Further information on cookies is available online at: www.aboutcookies.org
We will not sell or distribute cookie information without your prior consent.
Accuracy, deletion and access to your personal information
You can always change the personal information that we hold and it is free to do so. If you wish to change any details then please write to us at the address below.
You can request a copy of the personal information that we may hold by writing to us at the address below.
You have the right to ask us to delete all the personal information we hold on you (where we are permitted to do so, in line with legal data retention requirements), and you can do this by writing to us at the address below.
Changes to this statement
We may change this policy to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we are handling your personal information, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk
If you wish to contact us about this policy, please write to:
Data Protection Officer
K Wearables Ltd
Welwyn Garden City