These Terms and Conditions apply to cardholders issued with a UK GBP Account
Terms & Conditions for other products:
These terms and conditions were last updated 28/04/2020
These terms and conditions apply to the K Wearables Prepaid Mastercard programme and associated "K Wearables Products", being:
- K Wearables Virtual Prepaid Mastercard "Virtual card" – this is a prepaid reloadable card loaded with electronic money “Prepaid Reloadable Product”
- K Wearables Contactless Payment Ring "Ring"
You must read them carefully. In these terms and conditions "you" means the named K Wearables account holder and the authorised user of the K Wearables Product(s). "We", "us" or "our" means K Wearables Limited or Moorwand Limited as the context allows. "Website" means our website at https://mykring.com
1. Your K Wearables Products
Moorwand Limited is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (FRN: 900709) for the issuing of electronic money. Registered Office: Irongate House, 28-30 Dukes Place, London. EC3A 7LP, United Kingdom. Registered No. 08491211. The electronic money stored on your Virtual card is issued by Moorwand Limited. The K Wearable Products are the property of Moorwand Limited and not transferable to anyone else.
The K Wearable Products are issued by Moorwand Limited pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.
All funds will be loaded to your Virtual card. If you have a Ring this will be linked to your Virtual card. A transaction made with your Ring will reduce the balance of funds held on your Virtual card.
You can use your K Wearables Products at any location worldwide that displays the Mastercard acceptance mark, subject to the following criteria:
- Virtual card: limited to online, by post, or on the telephone transactions; and
- Ring: limited to locations that display the contactless payment symbol for transactions.
Before using your K Wearables products it is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient funds loaded on the Virtual card to cover your purchase. You will not be able to use your K Wearables Products after their expiry date.
Your K Wearables Products are not credit instruments and are not in any way connected to your bank account. You will not earn any interest on any funds loaded on your K Wearables products.
2. Applying for and activating your K Wearables Products
To apply for K Wearables Products, you must be at least 18 years old. We will require evidence of who you are and your address. We may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically.
By using K Wearables Products, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
3. Loading your Virtual card
The amount of funds you can load onto your Virtual card is up to a maximum amount of £3000.00 per day following the successful completion of the due diligence requirements. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction. Upon receipt and clearance, your funds will be available for use on your K Wearables products without delay. For more information on limits, please refer to section 14.
4. Activating your K Wearables Product(s)
We require that you activate your K Wearables Products upon receipt. You do this by logging onto the Website or the App. You will be able to manage your K Wearables Products from your Virtual card account including getting balances and transaction history.
5. Using your K Wearables Products
Detailed instructions on how to use your K Wearables Products are found on the Website and App. You will need to follow these instructions when using your K Wearables Products. We will deduct the value of your transactions from the balance on your Virtual card as soon as they are made. We will also deduct any applicable fees as soon as they become payable by you; see our Limits and Fees section below for details of our fees.
For fraud prevention reasons, usage of your K Wearables Products may be queried and we may block further usage. In such circumstances, you can simply contact our Customer Support Team, (via the website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to request to have your K Wearables Products reinstated.
There is a transaction limit of £100 (or foreign currency equivalent) on your K Wearables Products.
Your K Wearables Product(s) cannot be used to make transactions at automated fuel dispensers.
We may at any time suspend, restrict or cancel your K Wearables Product(s) or refuse to issue or replace a K Wearables Product(s) for reasons relating to the following:
- we are concerned about the security of your account or K Wearables Products we have issued to you. We suspect your account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner; or
- or we need to do so to comply with the law.
If we do this, we will tell you as soon as we can or are permitted to do so after we have taken these steps. Like other payment methods, we cannot guarantee a retailer will accept your K Wearables Products. We may also decline a transaction:
- if we are concerned about the security of your K Wearables Products or we suspect your K Wearables Products are being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- if insufficient funds are loaded on your Virtual card at the time of a transaction to cover the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees;
- if there is an outstanding Shortfall on the Virtual card, in accordance with condition 14;
- if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are acting in breach of these terms and conditions;
- if we believe that a transaction is potentially suspicious or illegal (for example, if we believe that a transaction is being made fraudulently); or
- because of errors, failures (whether mechanical or otherwise) or refusals by merchants, payment processors or payment schemes in processing transactions.
If we decline a transaction, we will, if practicable, tell you why immediately unless it would be unlawful for us to do so. You may correct any information we hold and which may have caused us to refuse a transaction by logging onto your Virtual card account on the Website, or contacting us via the App.
6. Authorising Transactions
Subject to the features of the K Wearables Product(s), the authorisation of a transaction can include authorising any single transaction, a series or recurring transactions (including transactions for an indefinite period) or pre-authorising future transactions of a certain or uncertain amount.
K Wearables Products transactions will be regarded as authorised by you where you;
- authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the merchant or retailer to authorise the transaction, which may include:
- entering your PIN or providing any other security code;
- providing the K Wearables Products details and / or providing any other details as requested; or
- waving or tapping the Ring over a contactless card reader at a merchant.
Authorisation for a transaction may not be withdrawn (or revoked) by you after the time it is received. However, the following transactions may be withdrawn if you give notice to the merchant(providing a copy of the notice to us):
- any transaction which is agreed to take place on a date later than the date it was authorised as long as notice was provided no later than the close of business on the business day before it was due to take place.
We may charge you a fee if a transaction is revoked by you under this condition; please see section 14 below.
We will pay the funds required by the merchant to cover the transactions authorised by you within three days of us receiving their request. A transaction (the payment order) will be received as follows:
- for purchases, at the time we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant acquirer;
- for other transactions which are communicated directly to us, at the time you ask us to complete the transaction.
- If, in relation to:
- purchases, we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant acquirer; or
- other transactions communicated directly to us, you ask us to complete the transaction after seven days, the transaction instruction or request will be deemed to have been received by us on the following business day.
7. Cancellation and expiry of your K Wearables Products
These terms and conditions will continue indefinitely unless terminated. You have a legal right to cancel your K Wearables Product) up to 14 days after you purchase the K Wearables Products without being charged the Redemption Fee – this 14-day period is known as the "Cooling-Off Period". Under these terms and conditions, you also have the right to cancel your K Wearables Products at any time after the 14-day Cooling-Off Period without notice. If you cancel your K Wearables Products, once all transactions and fees have been deducted, we will arrange for any unused funds to be refunded to you, see "Your Right to Redemption of Funds and Refunding of Transactions on Your K Wearables Products" section below for further information. A redemption fee may be charged (see Limits and Fees section below) unless you have arranged to transfer any unused funds to another K Wearables Product managed by us, or you cancel your K Wearables Products within 14 days of receiving it.
We may also cancel your agreement for any reason by giving you at least two months' notice:
- if these terms and conditions or your K Wearables Products expire on a set date and we have not agreed to renew these terms and conditions;
- if you break an important part of these terms and conditions, or repeatedly break the agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner;
- if you act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to our staff, or any of our representatives;
- if you fail to pay fees or charges that you have incurred or fail to put right any shortfall;
- in the event of your death.
We may also cancel these terms and conditions or suspend your K Wearables Products or account immediately if we believe your K Wearables Products are deliberately being used by you to commit fraud or for other illegal purposes. If we do this, we will tell you as soon as we are permitted to do so. If we cancel your K Wearables Products, you must tell us what you want us to do with any unused funds within 3 months of the date we tell you your K Wearables Product is cancelled. If your K Wearables Product is cancelled, we will immediately block your K Wearables Products so they cannot be used. You will not be entitled to a refund of money you have already spent on transactions authorised, or pending any fees for use of the K Wearables Products before the K Wearables Product is cancelled or expires. You can cancel your K Wearables Products by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to us at the address below.
If you cancel your K Wearables Products, once all transactions and fees have been deducted, we will arrange for any unused funds to be refunded to you, see "Your Right to a Refund" section below for further information. A Refund Fee may be charged (see Limits and Fees section below) unless you have arranged to transfer any unused funds to another K Wearables Product managed by us, or you cancel your K Wearables Product within 14 days of receiving it.
Your K Wearables Products will be valid for 48 months from date of issue.
When we issue a replacement K Wearables Product we may charge a fee. Please see section 14 for more information about Limits and Fees.
8. Keeping your K Wearables Products secure
You should treat your K Wearables Products like cash. If a K Wearables Product is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all of your money, in the same way as if you lost cash in your wallet or purse. As a result, you must keep your K Wearables Products safe and not let anyone else use them. When you receive your Personal Identification Number (PIN), you must keep it safe and secure; you must keep it secret at all times. You should memorise the PIN, destroying the notification, and never disclose the PIN or security information to anyone. If you suspect that someone else knows your PIN, you should change it as soon as possible. To change your PIN, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you check the balance on your K Wearables Products regularly online at the Website or App. We will provide you with your balance and a statement of recent transactions either by electronic means or on our secure webpage at any time. Your statement will show:
- information relating to each transaction which will enable it to be identified;
- the amount of the transaction shown in the currency in which the transaction was paid or debited to the account;
- the amount of charges for the transaction;
- the date the transaction is authorised or posted on to the account.
9. Third Party Providers
This section explains how TPPs can access your account and the circumstances under which we are allowed to block such access.
‘TPP’ means a third party payment provider which is authorised to access information on online payment accounts operated by other providers (such as us and other banks, building societies and credit card issuers).
- You can instruct a TPP to access information on your accounts with us as long as it has identified itself to us and acted in accordance with the relevant regulatory requirements. We will treat any instruction from a TPP as if it was from you.
- Although you must not, generally, give your security details to anyone else, you may give them to a TPP if they ask for them.
- It is important that you check that any TPP you use is authorised to access your account. They should make this clear from the information they give you. You must not give your security details to a third party that isn’t authorised. If you do, we’ll have to assume it’s you that’s authorising us to give access to information about your accounts and you’ll be responsible for their actions.
- We may refuse to allow a TPP to access your account where we are concerned about unauthorised or fraudulent access by that TPP. Before doing so, we will tell you that we intend to deny access and give our reasons for doing so, unless it is not reasonably practicable, in which case we will tell you immediately afterwards. In either case, we will tell you in the manner in which we consider most appropriate in the circumstances. We won’t tell you where doing so would compromise our reasonable security measures or otherwise be unlawful. If we deny access to a TPP, we must also tell our regulator that we have done so.
10. Lost and stolen K Wearables Products and unauthorised or incorrectly executed payments
In the event of a lost or stolen K Wearables Product you can block it immediately by logging onto your Virtual card account and placing a block on the relevant K Wearables Product. You must also contact us without undue delay to report the K Wearables Product is lost or stolen or if the PIN or password is known to an unauthorised person or if you think that a transaction has been incorrectly executed. This may be done either by using the Website or App, or by contacting us directly on 0844 502 0450.
We will refund any incorrectly executed transaction immediately unless we have any reason to believe that the incident has been caused by a breach of these terms and conditions, gross negligence or we have reasonable grounds to suspect fraudulent activity. However you may be liable for the loss, up to £50 in total, if the transaction results from the use of a lost or stolen K Wearables Product.
However, if the investigations show that any disputed transaction was authorised by you, or you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep your K Wearables Product(s) or PIN secure), you may be liable for any loss we suffer because of the use of the K Wearables Product(s).
11. Our Liability
We will not be liable for any loss arising from:
- any cause which results from abnormal or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, consequences which would have been unavoidable despite all our efforts to the contrary; or
- a retailer refusing to accept your K Wearables Products; or
- our compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; or
- loss or corruption of data unless caused by our wilful default.
We are also not liable for:
- business interruption, loss of revenue, goodwill, opportunity or anticipated savings;
- any indirect or consequential loss;
- for the goods or services that are purchased with your products;
- where you or an additional cardholder or Ring holder acted:
- with undue delay;
- fraudulently; or
- with gross negligence.
12. Your Right to Redemption of Funds and Refunding of Transactions on Your K Wearables Products
Redeeming the funds on your Virtual card
You have the right to redeem the funds on your Virtual card at any time in whole or in part. To do so, please either send us an e-mail using the "contact us" facility on the Website, requesting redemption and indicating the amount to be redeemed. We will process an irreversible block on your Ring. When we process your redemption request, we may require you to provide us with documents such as identification so that we may process your request in accordance with legal requirements. We may also charge a redemption fee if one of the following circumstances applies:
- You are requesting redemption before termination or expiry of these terms and conditions;
- You cancel these terms and conditions before any agreed termination or expiry date; or
- You request redemption more than one year after the date of termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
We will not redeem the value of the funds on your Product to you if your request for redemption of the funds is more than six years after the date of termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
Please see section 14 for more information about Limits and Fees, including redemption fees.
You may be entitled to claim a refund in relation to transactions where:
- the transactions were not authorised under these terms and conditions;
- we are responsible for a transaction which was incorrectly executed notified to us in accordance with section 10 above;
- a pre-authorised transaction did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation and the amount charged by a supplier is more than you could reasonably have expected taking into account normal spending patterns on the K Wearables Product or the circumstances of the transaction.
A claim for a refund in the circumstances set out above will not be accepted if the amount of the transaction was made available to you at least four weeks before the transaction date or it is made more than eight weeks after being debited to your account.
We will send a cheque to your last notified address or arrange an electronic transfer to a bank account nominated by you. However, to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, we may ask you to provide us with certain information before we can process your refund request.
13. Changes to these terms and conditions
We may change these terms and conditions at any time by notifying you by e-mail or other agreed means at least two months before the change is due to take effect. The up-to-date version of these terms and conditions will always be available on the Website and App. The change will automatically take effect and you will be taken to have accepted the notified change unless you tell us that you do not agree to the change. In that event, we will treat that notice as notification that you wish immediately to terminate. In such circumstances we will refund any balance on the Virtual card in accordance with section 11 above and you will not be charged a Refund Fee.
For transactions made outside of your card currency, we will charge a 3% currency conversion fee. The rate used for conversion will be based on the Mastercard conversion rate applicable at the time the transaction is processed. Details of Mastercard conversion rates can be found at https://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/cardholderservices/currencyconversion/index.html.
14. Limits and Fees
We do not charge any fees for checking your online balance or for making domestic transactions. See our Limits and Fees table below for full details.
If we decide to increase or impose any new fees, we will notify you by at least two months before any changes take effect by posting the change to our website. Authorisation will be requested for all transactions at the time of each transaction. In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Virtual card for that transaction (a "Shortfall"), the Shortfall shall be reimbursed by you unless it is due to an error on the part of the merchant where the K Wearables Product was presented; in this circumstance we may seek the Shortfall from the merchant.
You agree that once we make this Shortfall known to you, you will repay the Shortfall amount. We may charge the amount of the Shortfall from any other K Wearables Products that you hold with us, to any other payment method which you may designate at that time, or against any funds which you may subsequently load onto your Virtual card or on any additional K Wearables Product ordered by you. Until we are reimbursed the Shortfall amount, we may suspend your Virtual card account and any K Wearables Products connected to you. In addition, we reserve the right to charge you an Administration Fee for each transaction that you make using your K Wearables Product that results in a Shortfall or increases the Shortfall amount on your Virtual card.
15. Your Details
You must let us know as soon as possible if you change name, address, phone number or e-mail address. If we contact you in relation to your K WearablesProducts, for example, to notify you that we have cancelled your K Wearables Products or to send you a refund by cheque, we will use the most recent contact details you have provided to us. Any e-mail to you will be treated as being received as soon as it is sent by us. We will not be liable to you if your contact details have changed and you have not told us.
16. Data Protection
17. Disputes with merchants
If you have any disputes about purchases made using your K Wearables Products, you should settle these with the person you bought the goods or services from. We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your K Wearables Products. Remember that once you have used your K Wearables Products to make a purchase we cannot stop that transaction.
If you have an enquiry relating to your Virtual card account or K Wearables Products, you can use the "Contact Us" facility on the website. We will deal with your enquiry promptly. If your Product has been lost or stolen, call us on 0844 502 0450. Calls are charged at your local call rate.
If you are unhappy in any way with your K Wearables Products or the way it is managed, tell us by using the e-mail enquiry facility on the Website so we can investigate the circumstances for you, or you can email email@example.com. Any complaints you have will be dealt with quickly and fairly. In the event that you are not happy with our decision, you may take unresolved complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service at Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Telephone: 0800 023 4567 (+44 20 7964 1000) when calling from outside of the United Kingdom) and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Virtual card is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. No other compensation scheme exists to cover losses claimed in connection with your Virtual card. Under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 electronic money institutions are required to safeguard 100% of the funds received in exchange for electronic money. As such, in the event of insolvency of the electronic money institution your electronic money on your Virtual card will be held in a segregated account at an authorised credit institution (a bank). Funds held in segregated accounts are protected against the claims made by creditors of the electronic money issuer becoming insolvent. This means that in the unlikely event that Moorwand Limited becomes insolvent your electronic money stored with them, to the extent it is not covered by the funds held in such segregated accounts, would be at risk.
We may assign the benefit and burden of these terms and conditions to another company at any time, on giving you two months' prior notice of this. If we do this, your rights will not be affected.
22. Transfer to a new Prepaid Product
We may transfer your unused balance to a new Prepaid Reloadable Product provided by a Prepaid Product issuer other than Moorwand Limited at any time. Before we do this, we will give you two months' notice of the new Prepaid Reloadable Product arrangements and the new Prepaid Reloadable Product terms and conditions. Unless you advise us within the two-month period that you do not want a new Prepaid Reloadable Product from the new Prepaid Reloadable Product issuer, you agree that we can automatically transfer the unused balance on your Virtual card to a new Prepaid Reloadable Product provided by the new Prepaid Reloadable Product issuer.
23. Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers are available to purchase via the K Wearables website. Once you've made your purchase, we'll dispatch your gift vouchers as soon as payment has been cleared. A gift voucher can only be redeemed against the corresponding product that it was purchased for. Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
If you are purchasing a gift voucher as a present, please ensure safe delivery to the intended recipient. We cannot accept any responsibility for stolen, or lost gift vouchers, or if a gift voucher is used by someone other than the intended recipient.
If a gift voucher is returned, it will be refunded via the original payment method used. If a K Wearables product is returned, that was purchased using a gift voucher, the refund for the K Wearables product will be refunded via the original payment method used for the gift voucher.
24. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are concluded in English. All communications with you will be in English. These terms and conditions will be construed in accordance with English law.
25. Details of the Issuer and the programme provider
The K Wearables Products are issued by Moorwand Limited and operated by K Wearables Limited, Orion House, Bessemer Road, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1HH. Company number 10093360; VAT registration number 258044208.