Kerv, the wearable payments start-up, today announces the appointment of former Ukash CEO, David Hunter, as Chairman of its board of directors.
This announcement comes ahead of the imminent crowd-funding campaign for the start-up's launch product: Kerv – the world's first contactless payment ring.
Kerv founder, Philip Campbell, said, "We've fused fashion and function to produce a beautiful piece of wearable NFC technology that we genuinely believe will appeal to a mass audience, not just to the tech-savvy. David has considerable experience bringing payments products to market across multiple territories, and will be instrumental in helping us deliver Kerv to the widest possible audience." Philip added: "I've known and admired David for many years, and I'm very excited to be working with him on Kerv."
Responding to the announcement, David commented: "I'm an avid supporter of technology and payments innovation. The Kerv contactless payment ring encompasses both, and I'm delighted to be part of the dedicated and enthusiastic team that's bringing it to life."
The Kerv contactless payment ring will be launching on Kickstarter at 7am GMT on Friday 25th September.
Click here for Media Assets available
About Kerv, the world's first contactless payment ring:
- Make contactless NFC payments up to £30 (contactless payments limits vary by territory)
- Accepted at over 38 million locations worldwide
- Switch rings on and off, manage funds and receive transaction alerts via app, SMS or website
- Link an optional contactless prepaid card to a Kerv account for higher-value transactions
- The Kerv account is governed by FCA regulations for the issuance of e-money
- Tap-in on tubes, trains and buses in the Transport for London network (and approx 10 other transport networks around the world)
- Share personal data – such as contact, emergency or medical details – at the touch of an NFC-enabled smartphone
- Access home, office or lockers via compatible NFC-enabled locks
- Never needs charging and does not need to be paired with a smartphone to operate
- Waterproof and scratchproof
- Designed for men and women, Kerv is available in two styles and a wide range of sizes
- Estimated retail price is £49.99